This article introduces how to experience a VR scene made using STYLY in combination with VIVE or Windows Mixed Reality. In STYLY, there is a VR VIEWER designed for VR. We will teach you how to download, start, and operate the VR VIEWER.
- 1 How to Download and Install the VR VIEWER
- 2 How to Start the VR VIEWER (VIVE)
- 3 How to Start the VR VIEWER (Windows Mixed Reality)
- 4 Instruction for the VR VIEWER Menu
- 5 How to Experience and Operate a Scene
- 6 How to Experience a Scene from the STYLY Gallery Page
How to Download and Install the VR VIEWER
We will introduce how to download and install the VR VIEWER. Click the [DOWNLOAD] button in the top menu on the STYLY main page.
Next, click [DOWNLOAD] button of a VR VIEWER APP (BETA).
The Steam main page will appear. Search for the word “STYLY” on the Steam page.
Click the [無料] button.
“Steam をお持ちですか？”(Do you have a Steam?) will appear. If you already have Steam, click 「はい、Steamはインストールされています」(Yes). If you don’t have it yet, click 「いいえ、Steamをインストールする必要があります」(No). People who already have Steam, please continue to the next step to log in to Steam. People who don’t have it yet, please install it in advance.
The Steam login page will appear. Fill in an account name and a password. Then, click the [ログイン] button.
The STYLY install page will appear. Click the [次へ＞] (Next) button. Steam installation for the VR VIEWER is now complete.
How to Start the VR VIEWER (VIVE)
We will introduce how to experience the VR VIEWER for VIVE.
- You will need to connect to a PC and setup VIVE in advance.
- You will need to install Steam VR.
- The status of the Steam VR will need to be set to available.
You will need to setup the above 3 things in advance.
How to Start the VR VIEWER (Windows Mixed Reality)
We will introduce how to experience the VR VIEWER for Windows Mixed Reality.
- You will need to connect to a PC and setup the Windows Mixed Reality in advance.
- You will need to install Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR.
- The status of the Windows Mixes Reality for Steam VR will need to be set to available.
You will need to setup the above 3 things in advance.
Instruction for the VR VIEWER Menu
The screen shown in the picture below will appear when you start the VR VIEWER from VIVE or Window Mixed Reality. We will introduce the features of the VR VIEWER menu.
- Home button : Home screen will appear. This were you will find recommended scenes that have been published.
- My Scenes button : My Scene screen will appear. All scenes created by you will appear on this page.
- My Photos button : My Photos screen will appear. All saved photos that were taken in your VR spaces will appear on this page.
- Scene Editor button : STYLY Web Editor (on a web browser) will appear.
- Reload button：Reload a process.
- Online/Offline switching button：You can switch from “Online mode” to “Offline mode”. You can start a scene in the Offline mode (without an internet connection). Cache for the scene will be saved to your PC once you switch to Online mode.
- Sign in button：Sign in form will appear. You may log in to your account using this form.
- Sign Up button：A sign up window will appear on your web browser.
- Setting button：Cache Clear button and the Exit button will appear. The Sign Out button will appear after you sign in.
About Home Screen
Home screen is the main screen when you first log in to the VR VIEWER. A collection of recommended scenes will be shown on the home screen. These scenes are published by fellow creators and users. The VR experience will start when you click on any of these scenes.
About My Scenes
In My Scenes, you can view all the scenes created by you. These scenes are marked private until they are published. You can open these scenes and edit them using the WebEditor. You can also view and experience your scenes using the VR VIEWER. The VR experience will start when you click a thumbnail photo.
How to log in to VR VIEWER
Click the [Sign in] button and input your account information (your email address and your password) in the form. Next, click the [Sign in] button to log in.
How to log out of VR VIEWER
Click on the gear icon on the top right of your screen. Click the [Sign Out] button to log out of VR VIEWER.
About My Photos
In My Photos, you can view photos that were taken in the VR space.
How to Experience and Operate a Scene
We will introduce how to experience and operate a scene.
The VR experience will start by clicking on a thumbnail photo of the scene you want to view. By walking around, you can take a 360° look around the scene. If you click on the refresh arrow icon on the bottom right of the screen you will be able to reset the scene. If you click on the icon with four arrows pointed inward you will be taken back to the home screen. Feel free to move around and take photos while using the VR VIEWER.
Move and take photos by using 2 controllers. Use the one controller to capture photos.
Teleport and a camera icon will appear when you touch the track pod. A “Teleport” controller is for moving around in the scene. There is also a controller which is marked with a camera icon that can be used for capturing photos.
Moving Around in the Scene
Push the Teleport track pod to set a direction in which you would like to travel. Blue arrows and a position circle in light blue will appear indicating the direction of your travel and your next position. Let go of the track pad and you will move to that position in the scene.
As you can see in the above picture, you have traveled to the new position. Use the Teleport controller and repeat the process to move around and explore the scene.
When arrows appear red this means that you can not proceed in that direction. If you release the Trackpad, then no movement will happen.
Use the Trackpad marked with a camera icon to capture photos of the scene. Pull the trigger to take a photo (autofocus). You can check the photos that you captured in the My Photos page. Photos are saved to your PC as well. Push the Trackpad in your left hand to exit photo mode.
How to Experience a Scene from the STYLY Gallery Page
You can experience all the scenes listed in the STYLY Gallery page by installing the VR VIEWER. We will introduce how to experience a scene from the STYLY Gallery page. First, you need to start the VR VIEWER.
Click on a thumbnail picture for a scene.
Click the VR icon.
The popup message “STYLY_Launcherを開きますか？”(Do you want to open the STYLY_Launcher?) will appear. Click the [STYLY_Launcher] button.
The VR VIEWER will start allowing you to view the selected scene.
Note: If you are having difficulty moving around a scene, then an error may have occurred. If so, please restart the VR VIEWER.
Feel free to get started experiencing your own scenes or those of others published on the home screen.