In this article, I will introduce how to use “prefabs” and “scenes” created in Unity on STYLY.
STYLY allows you to upload prefabricated scenes created using 3DModel, Particle System (Shuriken), Light, UI elements, Shader (such as those using Amplifed Shader), PlayMaker, Interaction SDK, etc.
You can use assets with animation and interactive functions on Unity, colored Light assets, etc. in STYLY.
If you want to improve the quality of the scene or pursue your own new expression method, please try it.
- 1 Requirements
- 2 Types of assets that can be uploaded
- 3 Preparing to upload to STYLY
- 4 Upload from Unity to STYLY
- 5 Use the uploaded prefab scene in STYLY
STYLY supports Unity 2019.4.x and Unity 2019.3.x, and the recommended version is [Unity 2019.4.29f1].
In addition, make sure that the following modules are installed.
- Windows Build Support (If you are using Windows, it will be installed by default.）
- Mac Build Support (If you are using a Mac, it will be installed by default.)
- Android Build Support
- WebGL Build Support
- iOS Build Support
If this module is not installed, please refer to the following article.
Types of assets that can be uploaded
The STYLY Plugin for Unity allows you to upload the following types of assets to STYLY:
- 3DModel（Animated with Mecanim is also possible）
- Particle System（Shuriken）
- UI element
- Shader（Those using Amplified Shader, etc.）
- Assets using PlayMaker and Interaction SDK
The upload process is the same for these different types of assets.
Simply prefab the assets you want to use and upload them to STYLY.
If the action you added in PlayMaker does not work well on STYLY, try removing the cache on the browser once.
Also, STYLY does not support scripts written in C #.
Preparing to upload to STYLY
Import the STYLY Plugin for Unity into Unity in preparation for uploading from Unity to STYLY.
Download and import STYLY Plugin for Unity
With the STYLY Plugin for Unity, you can upload prefabricated scenes created on Unity to STYLY.
Introducing the download procedure of STYLY Plugin for Unity.
First of all, please access the download page from the following link or from the [DOWNLOAD] menu from the menu on the top screen of STYLY.
After moving to the DOWNLOAD page, click the [STYLY Plugin for Unity DOWNLOAD] button at the bottom of the page to download.
After the download is complete, import the STYLY Plugin for Unity into your Unity project.
Open your Unity project.
Go to the Assets menu> Import Package menu and click on the Custom Package… menu.
Select the “STYLY Plugin” you downloaded earlier and click the [Open] button.
Leave all the check boxes checked and click the Import button.
After importing, if [STYLY] is added to the menu and the [STYLY_Plugin] folder is created in Assets, it is complete.
STYLY_Plugin folder created
You need to get the API key for your STYLY account.
I will show you how to get the API key.
Log in to STYLY Studio and click on your account icon.
When the pop-up appears, click “Account”.
There is an API key on the Account tab, so click the copy button on the right.
Go to the Unity project’s STYLY menu and click Asset Uploader Settings.
In the email form, enter your account email address.
Paste the key you copied earlier into the API Key.
This completes the connection between your STYLY account and STYLY_Plugin.
Upload from Unity to STYLY
Once the plugin is ready, you can upload it to STYLY by following these steps
How to check the file size to be uploaded
Here’s how to check the file size of a prefabricated scene.
Uploading can take a few minutes or more, especially if it’s large, so check the file size of your prefabricated scene before uploading to STYLY.
To check the file size, right-click the prefab you want to check and click the [STYLY]> [Check File Size] button.
File Size Requirements for Uploading
When you upload a Prefab or a Scene from Unity to STYLY, there is a limit to the file size.
- Uploading a Prefab is recommended to be less than 20MB.
- Uploading a Scene is recommended to be less than 100MB.
- The maximum upload size from Unity using *AzCopy is 512MB.
- 256MB when not using AzCopy from Unity
- Maximum file size is 100MB when using the model upload function on STYLY Studio
The maximum file size is 512MB (or 256MB), but it takes a long time to upload a Prefab or Scene with a file size just under the limit, so we have set a recommended size.
*By opening the dialog in STYLY > Asset Uploader settings and checking Enable AzCopy, the limit is increased from 256MB to 512MB and the upload speed is also increased.
AzCopy is enabled by default on Windows, but not by default on Mac, so it is useful to enable AzCopy when the file size is large.
How to upload a prefab from Unity to STYLY
After checking the file size, upload the prefab created in Unity to STYLY.
Right-click on the prefab you want to upload.
Click STYLY> Upload prefab or scene to STYLY.
The upload process will be executed.
If the upload process is successful, the pop-up message [Upload succeeded.] Will be displayed. Click the [Close] button.
If an upload error is displayed, please contact us below for the detailed situation (operation procedure and screen capture) where the error occurred.
Upload multiple prefabs
You can also upload multiple prefabs at the same time.
Select multiple prefabs you want to upload in the Project scene, then right-click.
Selecting “STYLY”-> “Upload prefab or scene to STYLY” is the same as in the previous chapter.
You have now uploaded multiple prefabs at once.
How to upload a scene from Unity to STYLY
To upload a scene from Unity, just right-click the scene file and select “Upload prefab or scene to STYLY”, just like when uploading a prefab.
- Cameras in the scene are automatically disabled and uploaded. However, cameras with the following settings are not subject to invalidation.
- RenderTexture is set in TargetTexture.
- Camera Target Eye is None(Main Display)
- The script will not be delivered.
- In addition, dynamic content may not work properly.
- The scene is displayed on STYLY Studio, but you cannot move, rotate, or enlarge it.
- Please move the Your Position and adjust
- If the size is too large, you may not be able to upload.
- The thumbnail of the scene asset will be the image seen by the camera tagged with MainCamera in the scene, if any.
- If MainCamera does not exist, it will be displayed as DUMMY.
Use the uploaded prefab scene in STYLY
Here’s how to check the uploaded prefab scene.
When you open STYLY Studio, you will be taken to the scene selection screen.
Now, press the pen button to move to the scene editing screen.
After going to the scene edit screen, click the button with the + mark in the upper left corner to open the Add Asset screen.
From this screen, you can add your own uploaded models or assets prepared in STYLY Studio to the scene.
After selecting “3D model” in the Add Asset screen, you can check your uploaded assets from “Unity”.
If you have a prefab or a scene uploaded to My Models, it is perfect.
You can use STYLY FORUM to solve the problem. STYLY FORUM is a place where people can discuss a service or technical issue on STYLY, or provide bug reports on STYLY.